Monday 26 May 2014

Crispy Pork Floss ~ 肉松

My Ah boy loves to have PORK FLOSS  with his porridge since young.  I do concern about the ingredients used for store buy pork floss but I never thought of making it at home until Lena from a cooking forum shared how she make it using her bread maker. Her posting attracted me to give it a try too since my kids love it so much. Due to my Zojirushi Bread maker do not stir throughout the JAM process, my pork floss came out still wet and the floss is not thin enough. In order to salvage it,  I blend the pork floss using my U-like blender and give a final 20mins wok frying to dry it further. The pork floss ended up very CRISPY & my kids love it so much. Do you want to give this recipe a try?

Crispy Pork Floss
Just in love with the golden brown  pork floss...
Crispy Pork Floss ~ 肉松
(Reference from Lena Lai)

Things needed:

To cook the pork in water ( The liquid can use as broth)
  • 500g Pork (I used 假梅肉)
  • 1 apple (optional, it does add in sweetness to the soup)
  • 3 slice of ginger
  • Some spring onions
  • Water to cover the meat
Seasoning for the pork floss
  • 2 tablespoon of fish sauce
  • 2 tablespoon of soy sauce
  • 6 tablespoon of brown sugar 
  • A pinch of pepper

Steps
  1. Cut the pork into big cubes.
  2. Cook the pork with the apple, ginger and spring onions in water for 45mins. Do remember that the liquid can use as broth, do not waste it.
  3. Take out the pork meat from the soup and cool down for 30mins.
  4. Put the meat into a zip lock bag and roll it with a roller. This is to break the pork into flake. Alternative is to use a fork to break the meat to flake.
  5. Mix all seasoning together till the sugar had dissolved in a small bowl. Mix the seasoning + pork together and combined well.
  6. Start to stir fry the pork using a wok under medium low ( I used non-stick wok) for 20mins. (Look at pics 7, the meat still in big flakes)
  7. Blend the meat using a blender ( I blend it when the meat is HOT), this is to break the meat into thinner stripes. Easier for kids to eat it. (Look at pics 8, the meat is break down into smaller flakes)
  8. Continue to stir fry the blended floss in the wok for another 20 mins or till the floss turn golden brown and dry. Keep a look out on fire, you won’t want to end up having pork floss with burnt smell.
  9. Once done, let it cool down and store the pork floss in an air tight container.
TAGlicious’s note:
  • You can keep the homemade pork floss in an air tight container up to a week. If you want to keep it longer, keep it in the fridge.
  • If you have a bread maker at home that can stir throughout the JAM process, do use it to make this pork floss.
  • If you have any left over meat from soup, do not waste it, keep it and make into this yummy pork floss. 
Does it attract you to give it a try?

TAGlicious Ciao~

Do like and join me at my Facebook page Taglicious





1 comment:

  1. Thank you...I tried your recipe... I love the taste but the look seem different from then pictures... mine does not seem flossy at all more like bits and powdery:(...thx

    ReplyDelete