|The moist & tender pig trotter. :)|
(Serving for 6-8pax)
Recipe by Taglicious's mum
- 1.8kg pig trotters (2 pcs of pig's front feet)
- 750ml sweetened black vinegar (I used Feng He Garden's black vinegar)
- 3-4 tablespoons sesame oil
- 400g old ginger
- 350ml water
- 8 hard boiled eggs
- Salt to taste (optional)
- Blanch the pig trotters with hot boiling water and wash it clean with tap water. Set aside.
- Use a large casserole or claypot to sauteed the gingers with sesame oil for 5 mins or till frangrance.
- Add in 750 ml sweetened black vinegar & 300 ml water and bring it to boil.
- Add in the pig trotters and simmer under low fire for 2 hrs.
- Add in hard boiled eggs and simmer under low fire for another 30 mins and it it ready to serve.
- Request the butcher for pig's front legs as it is more meaty.
- For confinement, you can cook the black vinegar with ginger & sesame oil 1-2 weeks before for stronger flavor.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious
Cheers & stay well!