Hello! Happy 2015! I hope I am not too late. Yes, I am getting busy recently to update my blog. However, I am still active at my FB page, I will post my meals picture to share ideas. Do join me there if you have a facebook account. Today, main ingredient is mushrooms! Yes, We love mushrooms a lot. You will sure see it in my dishes most of the time. I had shared a mushroom recipe with no cream needed previously but some blending is required. Today mushroom soup recipe that I am going to post is easier to whip out at home. Myself & my family preferred this version, it’s quite similar to Ikea mushroom soup. Give it a try, you won’t regret if you are a mushroom lover like me and my family!
|My happy boy seeing his favorite!|
Recipe by Taglicious
- 150g Fresh shiitake mushrooms
- 200g White button mushrooms
- 200g Swiss brown mushrooms
- 1litres Chicken stock
- 3 tablespoon plain flour
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 stalk celery
- 1 yellow onion
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Heat up the pot. Add in olive oil and sautéed onions & celery till soft.
- Add in sliced mushrooms & bay leaves.
- Add a little chicken stock (This helps to stir fry easily)
- Add in salt & pepper (Do not add a lot, You still can add to taste once the soup is done)
- Stir fry everything for about 3mins.
- Add in plain flour & mix well.
- Add in the remaining chicken stock and stir well.
- Cover the pot & let it cook under low fire for 40mins. Add in more salt & pepper to taste
- Ready to serve
- Chicken stock can be homemade. I used 3 chicken carcass & 2 litres of water and boil it for 2 hrs.
- Any extra mushroom soup can be freeze for later use too for up to 1 month.
|Our set lunch!|
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious