Hi Folks, are you sick of eating Hainanese chicken rice? Why not cook the whole chicken in soy sauce. It became one of my family’s favorite dish on table now. It’s easy to whip out this dish even after a tiring day from work. The remaining sauce can be used as gravy for rice, noodles and even stew eggs.
|Do you want a bite?|
|Let tuck in.|
Let get started with the recipe.
Soy Sauce chicken
- 800g-1kg chicken
- 1 cup Feng He Garden soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Feng He Garden dark soy sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Hua Tiao wine
- 3 slices gingers
- 4 cloves garlic
- 10pcs rose buds
- 30g rock sugar
- Some spring onions
- Dashes of pepper
- Add everything in except chicken into a pot. Let it boil for 10mins.
- Add in the chicken to the pot.
- Cover lid and simmer under low fire for 15mins.
- Turn the chicken after 15mins if you chicken cannot submerged in the sauce fully like me.
- Continue to cook under low fire for 15mins.
- After 30mins of cooking, bring out the chicken & let it cool down. Chop the chicken and serve.
- Scoop out some of the remaining sauce and thicken it with some corn/potatoes starch. This is to serve on rice & chicken.
Note (Updated on 18-Aug-15):
1) Rose buds is optional. You can get the rose buds from Chinese medical shop.
2) You can use this recipe for chicken drumsticks/chicken wings too. It works well but please adjust your cooking time accordingly.
3) You can find Feng He Garden Sauce from the following link.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious