|Adding sweet potatoes give a soft texture to the loaf. Tingle sweet taste too!|
Japanese Sweet Potato Bread using Zoji
(Make one 450g Zoji loaf)
- 275g bread flour
- 140ml of liquid (1 egg lightly beaten + water)
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt
- 20g soften butter
- 1 teaspoon of instant yeast
- 120g of Japanese sweet potatoes (Steam/Roast and puree/Mashed it)
Steps for using Zoji Bread maker:
- Pour in the water & egg into the bread pan first
- Add in the bread flour.
- Add in the Sugar, Salt, butter & Japanese sweet potatoes puree at the sides of the pan.
- Last to add in the yeast. Please be careful, create a small burrow and allow the yeast to sit in. Do not let the yeast contact with the water.
- Start the Basic Bread - Soft Variations.
Bread will be ready in bread maker after 3hrs.
If you don't own a bread maker, you can try this recipe too.
Steps for non bread maker user:
- You can use a mixer / hand to knead your dough.
- In the mixing bowl, add in the bread flour, Sugar, egg, water, Salt, yeast.
- Start kneading everything for 5mins and add in butter. Continue to knead for 10-15mins or till the dough reach the "window pane" stage.
- Cover the dough using a cling wrap or a cloth and let it proof for 60mins or till it doubled its size.
- After 1st proofing, remove the dough and place it on a lightly flour surface. Knead the dough and roll out into a large rectangle and roll it up to fit your bread pan. You can shape it in buns too. However, baking time will be shorter like 15-20mins or until it’s top is golden brown.
- Cover the bread dough in ur bread pan using a cling wrap and let it proof for another 60mins or till it doubled it size.
- Preheat your oven to 180C, bake the bread for 35mins or till it's top turned brown.
** Slice the bread when it had cooled.
** Always slice up the bread with a bread knife.
|Simple Sandwich using freshly baked Jap Sweet Potatoes Loaf. Thumb up!|