|This is Superb Spicy!|
- 150g of dried shrimp
- 8pcs Big chilli (De-seed)
- 3pcs Chilli Padi
- 12 shallots
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoon of sugar
- Fish sauce, to taste
- Washed the dried shrimps and soak in the water for 20 mins. Drained and tap dried using kitchen towel.
- Grind the chilli, shallots, garlic in a food processor till fine.
- Grind the dried shrimp in a food processor and set aside.
- Heat the oil in a cooking pan, add in the grinned spices and stir fry till it fragrant for 2-3 mins.
- Add in the minced dried shrimps and continue to fry under low fire for 10 mins.
- Add in sugar and fish sauce and continue to fry under low first for another 10 mins. You will see your Hae Bee Hiam get drier.
Let me give you some ideas to whip out 2 dishes using this spicy dried shrimp sambal.
Hae Bee Hiam Fried Rice
(Serving 1 pax)
- 1 bowl of overnight cooked rice
- 1 egg
- 1 fish cake, sliced
- 3 tablespoon of Hae Bee Hiam
- 1 teaspoon of oil
- Spring onion (optional)
- Add in oil in a cookware pan, add in the eggs and give a quick stir fry till it is cook. Break it into small pcs using your spatula.
- Add in the fish cake and stir fry for another 1 min.
- Add in the rice & Hae Bee Hiam and continue to stir fry till everything is well combined.
- Lastly, scoop it out in your bowl and garnish with spring onions.
Stir fry Hae Bee Hiam & Baby Spinach with Fish cake & Shrimps
- 1 bunch of baby spinach
- 1/2 fish cake, sliced
- 3pcs of shrimps, cut into halves
- 2 tablespoon of Hae Bee Hiam
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- Some oil
- Add in oil in a cookware pan, add in the garlic and stir fry till fragrant.
- Add in the Hae Bee Hiam, fish cake, shrimp and give a good stir fry for 2 mins.
- Finally, add in the baby spinach and give a quick stir fry till it cooked.
- Scoop out to your serving dish and top with more Hae Bee Hiam.
- Please keep the Hae Bee Hiam in an air-tight container in the fridge, it can keeps up to weeks.
- Some dried shrimp is more salty, please taste it when u add in the fish sauce.
- If no fish sauce, it can be replaced by soy sauce.