Blueberries are on SALE in most supermarket recently. I can’t help to grab a few boxes of it and kept in my fridge. I hope to whip out something delicious with this tiny power antioxidant fruit. This recipe caught my attention and make me want to bake them due to their low FAT content. No butter/Oil is used sound pretty healthy, isn’t it? Most imptly, they really yield nice and yummy muffins too. My kids have their fair share to have fun baking during this school holiday too! Let us get started!
|Adding wholemeal flour do give this muffin a nutty taste|
Yogurt Banana Blueberry Muffins
(Make 10 big muffins)
Recipe from Sallysbakingaddition with some modification by TAGlicious
- 50g of wholemeal flour
- 265g of cake flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 Large bananas, 180g (Mashed)
- 80g of brown sugar
- 80g of honey
- 1 egg
- 60g of low fat plain yogurt
- 180ml of milk
- 150g of blueberries, wash & pat dry
- Due to this recipe no oil/butter used, baking on a muffin liner is not advisable. Oil your muffin pan with some olive oil/butter as per your preference to prevent sticky to the pan.
- Place the dry items into a bowl and mix well.
- Mashed the bananas in another bowl.
- Mix the honey & sugar in a mixing bowl and mix well.
- Add in the mashed banana, yogurt, egg and mix well.
- Gently fold in to combine the wet & dry items together. The batter will be very thick and lumpy.
- Add in the milk slowly into the batter and mix it slowly. The milk will thin the batter but the batter should remain thick.
- Lastly, fold in the blueberries into the batter. Do not over-mix it.
- Fill up 10 muffin cups with the batter.
- Bake in a preheated oven 170C for 20 mins or until it is fully cooked.
- Remove the muffins from the pan and serve warm.
- I filled up the muffin cups almost full to achieve a nice dome top.
- Individual muffin cups size and oven varies, cooking time may varies.
- Over mix of batter will result dense and dry muffin.
- Muffins can be store in room temperature up to 3days.
- These Muffins freeze well up to 3months. Re-heat it before serve.
Do like and join me at my Facebook page Taglicious