Friday 2 June 2017

Marmite Mushroom Rice [Vegan]

Those readers that have been following me should know my cooking style by now. I always go for simple, quick and easy recipe meal. Today I want to go for a meatless meal. I did a ransack in my kitchen, I found some mushrooms so I decide to cook a pot of rice to fill up the hungry tummies.

In order to make it healthier, I used Marmite as one of my seasoning to this dish. Do not underestimate this small bottle of wonder. Marmite is made of a few simple ingredients: yeast extract, salt, vegetable extract, spices and vitamins (B1, B2, B3, B9, B12). Marmite is gluten free and high in vitamins. It is suitable for vegetarian and low in calories. Oh my, Marmite is a must have condiment in my kitchen. 

When the pot of rice is cooking, the aroma from pot just smells so good. My kids keep asking what am I cooking and when their meal is ready. Haha!
Marmite Mushroom Rice [Vegan]
Recipe by Taglicious
(Serve for 4 pax)

Ingredients
  • 1.5 cups of rice
  • 300ml water
  • 100g Swiss brown mushrooms
  • 100g Portobello mushrooms
  • 150g King Oyster mushroom
  • 2 tablespoon Extra virgin coconut oil
  • 1 tablespoon Marmite
  • Some Coriander
  • 3 cloves Garlic
  • Black pepper, to taste
  • Spring onions, for garnish
Steps
  1. Wash and drain the rice. Set aside for later use. 
  2. Slice the mushrooms into desired size (Do not washed the mushroom with water, use a damp cloth to clean it instead) & minced the garlic & coriander. Set aside.
  3. Heat up a pot. Add in coconut oil and garlic. Sauteed it till garlic is brown.
  4. Add in all the mushrooms and keep stirring till it soft.
  5. Add in rice.
  6. Add in the marmite, chopped coriander, black pepper and mix everything well.
  7. Add in water and mix well. Cover the pot with a lid and let it cook for 15 mins. After 15 mins, off fire and let the rice to steam in the pot for another 10 mins.
  8. Before serve, add in chopped spring onions. 

Note:
1) You may use your electric rice cooker for this dish. Follow steps 1-6 then transfer everything to your rice cooker and add in water mix well and let your electric rice cooker to do wonder for u. 
Marmite does it all in the kitchen
This post is proudly brought for you by MARMITE.

No comments:

Post a Comment