3 Cups Chicken - 三杯鸡
Serving for 2 pax
Recipe reference from Wennie
- 3 big chicken drumsticks
- 8 cloves garlic
- 4 sliced ginger
- 2 tablespoon GH sesame oil
- 1 Cup Thai Basil leaves
- 3 stalks Chili Padi (Optional. Omit it if you can't take spicy)
- 2 tablespoon FHG Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoon ShaoXing wine (or any cooking wine)
- 1 tablespoon FHG Dark Sauce (optional, to achieve nicer color to the dish)
Pot used: 18 cm Le Creuset round Dutch oven
- Heat up your pan till hot. Sauteed the garlic, ginger with sesame oil till fragrance.
- Add in the chicken and pan fried it till brown.
- Add in the sauce (Soy sauce, Dark sauce & Wine) and mix well.
- Bring the pot to boil. Once boil, cover the pot with lids and simmer it for 15 mins under low fire. By then, the sauce should be thicken, Add in the basil leaves & chili padi and cook for another 1 min. Dish up to serve with rice! (Note: If your sauce is still watery, you can thicken it with a little starch)
- You can use any chicken parts for this dish.
- Thai Basil leaves can be found in wet markets, supermarket like Sheng Siong.
- FHG stands for Feng He Garden & GH stands for Ghee Hiang. You can get their sauce online and enjoy free delivery with every $50 orders. Here is the link. Disclaimer: I didn't have any referral fee for their products.
- If you don't have FHG & GH sauces, Please use those you have in your pantry.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious
Cheers & stay well!