Sunday morning baking therapy and trying out my new mini ice-cream scoop. This is not the first time baking this “Famous Amos” cookies. When I saw this recipe shared by Joey from baking corner (A baking group in Facebook), I told myself this is a MUST try recipe. My colleague are impressed with the cookies I gave them as mini gift during Christmas last year. For those who love Famous Amos cookies, do give it a try.
|Famous Amos lookalike cookies|
|Crunchy, Nutty & Chocolaty Cookies|
Famous Amos taste alike COOKIES
(Make 77 pcs)
Recipe shared by Joey Foo
- 500g self-raising flour
- 320g unsalted butter
- 240g brown sugar (I reduced to 220g)
- 20g caster sugar
- ¼ teaspoon chocolate emulco
- 2 medium sized eggs
- 200g chocolate chips
- 100g almond bits (This item is added by me, it is optional. Please toast it and left it cool down)
- 5g bicarbonate soda (original recipe call for this but I didn’t add in this)
- 30g Nestum cereal
- A pinch of salt
- Cream the cold butter with salt, brown & caster sugar till well combined(I used my kenwood KMIX and let it beat for 3 mins on high speed).
- Add in one egg at each time and beat it till it is well combined. Then add in the chocolate emulco and mix well.
- Pour in the flour mixture & Nestum cereal and mix till is well combined.
- Lastly add in the chocolate chips & nuts and mix well.
- Pre-heat the oven at 170C with FAN MODE ON. Use a mini ice cream scoop to scoop the dough and lay it on the baking sheet.
- Bake it for 18 mins or till it is golden brown. Transfer the baked cookies on cooling rack. Once it is cool down completely, store it in an air tight container.
|With the help of ice-cream scoop, it made cookies baking easier and faster.|
I will have uniform size for each cookies. :)
- You can use spoon/hands if you don’t have a mini ice-cream scoop.
- Any extra cookie dough can be kept in the freezer to bake it other days.
- Get chocolate emulco from supermarket at baking section.
- Individual oven temperature is different, do adjust the baking time accordingly.
- My mini ice-cream scoop is about 2.5 cm diameter. I got it from Ailin bakery shop in Singapore.
- You can add in any kind of nuts u love.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious
Cheers & stay well!