Monday 11 August 2014

Dark Brown Sugar bread loaf - 黑糖吐司

You will see baker using dark brown sugar as their ingredient in their baking because Dark brown sugar has a very strong molasses flavor, while light brown sugar is a little drier and has a much milder flavor. Last night, I used it to make a loaf of bread. The taste of the bread doesn't disappoint me. It is so yummy until it can be eaten by its own without any spread. I am using my Zoji Bread maker, it does give a hard crust but inner texture of the bread is soft. 

Dark Brown Sugar bread loaf - 黑糖吐司 
(Recipe by Taglicious, Knead and baked by Zojirushi Bread maker)
(Mode: Soft - 3hrs)
500g bread loaf

Ingredients

  • 225ml Fresh milk
  • 40g Condensed milk
  • 280g Bread flour
  • 23g Cake flour
  • 25g Dark Brown Sugar
  • 3g instant yeast
  • 1g of salt
  • 24g of soften butter
Steps by Zoji (Adjust to your BM accordingly if you are using other brand)
  1. Add in the ingredients according to your BM.
  2. Add in butter @ 2.35hr (Zoji Soft Mode).
  3. Remove blade @ 1.45hr and shape into a ball and put back to BM for 2nd proofing and baking. (Zoji Soft Mode).
  4. After 3hrs, you will have a loaf of nice aroma and soft sweet bread loaf.
Taglicious's Note:
  • If you are busy and can't stand by the machine, you can simply add everything into the BM and let your machine do the whole kneading and baking process. 

Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious

2 comments:

  1. Hi, may I know how the bread will be different if I put all the ingredients in at the beginning? Thanks for sharing your recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear J, So far I didn't tried by putting everything including the butter in the bread maker for this recipe. However, i think it should taste as good too. You can try and keep me update. ^.^

    ReplyDelete