Sunday 3 August 2014

Healthy Korean Bibimbap

Bibimbap is a signature Korean dish that means “mixed rice” that is served as a bowl of white rice topped with sautéed vegetable, chilli pepper paste, soy sauce. A raw or fried egg and sliced meat are common additions to the dish. The ingredients are stirred together just before eating it. Best is to served it HOT on a heated stoned bowl. Today I try to replica this traditional dish in an easier method since I got my Homemade Kimchi and most of the items are ready in the fridge. For kids version, I didn’t add in the chilli pepper paste & kimchi for them. Surprisingly, they love this dish too.
Yummylicious!

Healthy Korean Bibimbap
(Serving for 2adult & 2 kids)
Recipe by TAGlicious

Ingredients
  • 300g of chicken thighs, sliced and marinated it with 1 tablespoon of Korean all-purpose cooking sauce & 1 teaspoon of Korean Sesame oil
  • 200g Spinach
  • ½ Bejing Cabbage, shredded
  • 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
  • 5pcs Dried Shiitake mushroom, soaked and sliced. (Seasoned with 1 tablespoon of Korean all-purpose cooking sauce when sautéed it)
  • 100g  Enoki mushroom
  • A portion of Kimchi 
  • Some Korean chilli pepper paste
  • 2 raw eggs yolks
  • Roasted Sesame seeds, topping
  • 3 bowls of cooked rice, you can use Japanese rice for best result
Steps, follow pictorial

Taglicious’s Note:
  1. Vegetables’ choice can be changed as per your preference.
  2. Egg whites can be fried to serve for the kids else saved it for Macarons or other purpose.
  3. I got my Korean’s condiments from NTUC. I believed you can get it from most big supermarket now in SG. 
  4. For those interested in my Korean Bowl, I got it from Cold storage Korean Fair some time ago.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious

No comments:

Post a Comment