I love my new Le Creuset cast iron pot. The chiffon pink colour attracts me to my kitchen. I bought this pot during the spring offer from Taka early this year. This is one of my most expensive pot in my kitchen but I didn’t regret it. It makes cooking easy and enjoying. Tonight, I am using it to prepare this Mushroom seafood one pot rice. The seafood gave sweetness to every grain of the rice. I regretted for cooking too little rice as my hubby asked for 2nd serving. Lets talk no more, start cooking!
|A bowl of goodness!|
Mushroom & Seafood Rice
(Portion for 3 pax)
Recipe by Taglicious
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh shiitake mushrooms (Sliced)
- 6-8 pcs large shrimps
- 1 squid
- A small handful dried scallops
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon garlic
- 1.5 tablespoon oyster sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Spring onions for garnish (optional)
- Heat up the cast iron pot. Add in olive oil and sautéed the garlic till fragrance.
- Add in fresh shiitake mushrooms and stir fry it.
- Add in oyster sauce & dashes of pepper and stir fry it till soft. Optional: You can add in a little water (2 tablespoon) to make the cooking easier.
- Add in uncooked rice and stir fry it till well combined
- Add in dried scallops & mix well.
- Add in hot water & mix well.
- Arrange the seafood on top of the rice.
- Cover the pot with lid & let it cook under low fire for 15mins. DO NOT OPEN THE LID during the cooking.
- Shut off the fire & continue to warm it for 10mins & Ready to serve!
- Please follow the ratio for rice & water using your own measuring cup.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious