|Hokkaido Cupcakes with Durian|
|Are you ready to have a bite on it?|
|Look at the generous filling, simply durianlious! Yum~~|
Hokkaido Cupcakes with Durian
Recipe for cupcake source from Nasilemaklover, Durian filling by Taglicious
(Make 8 squarish medium size cupcakes)
To make mini chiffon cupcakes
Egg yolk batter
- 3 egg yolks
- 20g of caster sugar
- 35g corn oil ( I used soya bean oil)
- 60g of milk
- 70g of cake flour (I used top flour)
- 180g of fresh durian pulp
- 60g of dairy whipping cream
- Some icing sugar, sprinkle on top of cupcakes
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks and put them into 2 mixing bowls (Please be careful, please ensure the mixing bowl for the egg white is clean and dry else it will affect/ruin the process of preparing good meringue.)
- (Let prepare the egg yolk batter first.) Beat the 3 egg yolk and sugar with a electric whisk till it turn pale.
- Add in the oil and mix well.
- Add in milk and mix well.
- Lastly, Add in the sieved flour into the batter and beat it till it form into a smooth batter. Set aside and prepare the meringue.
- (Let prepare the Meringue.) Use a electric whisk and start beating the egg white till it is foamy.
- Add in the white sugar gradually while beating the egg white.
- It took me about 7-10 mins till the egg white form into a stiff peak form (Look at Pics 11).
- (Combined the batter & Meringue) Add in 1/3 of the Meringue into the batter and fold in using a balloon whisk slowly till it is well combined.
- Add in another 1/2 of the remaining Meringue into the batter again and fold in using a balloon whisk and fold in slowly (As we do not want to deflate the batter) till it is well combined.
- Lastly, pour the batter into the Meringue mixing bowl and fold in using a balloon whisk till it is well combined slowly as you do not want to deflate the batter. (Well combined = U do not see any Meringue in the batter)
- Pour the batter into 8 squarish cupcake holders.
- Bake it in a preheated oven @ 170C for 25mins, or till it's top is golden brown and cooked.
- (Let prepare the durian filling). Beat the dairy whipping cream till soft peak using a electric whisk(About 4mins).
- Add in the fresh durian pulp and continue to beat till smooth.
- Transfer the durian filling into a pipping bag.
- After the cupcakes had cooled down, you can start pipping in the durian filling.
- Push the tip into the cupcakes and squeeze in the durian filling to the top.
- Sprinkle some icing sugar on the cupcakes and it is ready to serve.
- Individual oven temperature varies, please adjust the cooking time to fit your machine.
- Please use dairy whipping cream to give creamy milky taste to the filling.
- Durian's quality varies, please adjust the cream addition accordingly to prevent the Durian cream become too watery.