(Serve 3-4 pax)
- 200ml AYAM coconut milk
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (you can use any vegetable oil)
- 1 lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 stalk of lemongrass, smashed
- 1 chilli padi, optional if u don't take spicy
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce, to taste
- 5 basil leaves, sliced
- In a small sauce pan, heat up the coconut oil and sauteed the shallots till fragrance.
- Add in the coconut milk, smashed lemongrass, lime zest and simmer at low fire for 5 mins. Keep stirring the sauce to avoid burn.
- Add in fish sauce and lime juice to taste. (Adjust to your taste preferred)
- Add in chilli and off fire. Set the sauce aside while u pan fried the salmon. Refreshing, slightly spicy coconut sauce serve the sauce on rice & salmon. Add sliced basil leaves on the rice & salmon before pouring the sauce on it.
|Coconut Lemongrass sauce served well with any meats! Give it a try and enjoy!|
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious