Recipe adapt from Zoji Manual book
(Yield 450g of bread loaf)
Setting: Quick Bread - Regular Variations
- 7/8 cup of water
- 2 & 1/3 cups of bread flour
- 1.5 tablespoon of sugar
- 1.5 tablespoon of milk powder
- 0.5 teaspoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 0.5 teaspoon of Cinnamon (I used 1 teaspoon)
- 1.5 teaspoon of Rapid Rise yeast ( I used instant yeast)
- Pour in the water into the bread pan first
- Add in the bread flour.
- Add in the Cinnamon powder, Sugar, milk powder, Salt & Butter at the side of the pan.
- Last to add in the yeast. Please be careful, create a small burrow and allow the yeast to sit in. Do not let the yeast contact with the water.
- Start the Quick Bread - Regular Variations. Remember to add in the raisins after the 1st beep sound and let the machine to finish the job for u.
You will get a very nice cinnamon smell bread from your bread maker after 2hrs.
If you don't own a bread maker, you can try this recipe too.
Steps for non bread maker user:
- You can use a mixer / hand to knead your dough.
- In the mixing bowl, add in the bread flour, Cinnamon powder, Sugar, milk powder, Salt, yeast & water.
- Start kneading everything for 5mins and add in butter. Continue to knead for 5mins and add in the raisin. Continue to knead for 10-15mins or till the dough reach the "window pane" stage.
- Cover the dough using a cling wrap of a cloth and let it proof for 60mins or till it doubled it size.
- After 1st proofing, remove the dough and place it on a lightly flour surface. Knead the dough and roll out into a large rectangle and roll it up to fit your bread pan.
- Cover the bread dough in your bread pan using a cling wrap and let it proof for another 60mins or till it doubled it size.
- Preheat your oven to 180C, bake the bread for 35mins or till it's top turned brown.
** Slice the bread when it had cooled.
** Alway slice up the bread with a bread knife.
Cinnamon smell filled up my whole living room today. I love the smell simply!