|A must have dim sum!|
Meat Dumplings aka Siew Mai
(Make 10 big pcs)
Recipe by Taglicious
- 10-12pcs dumplings skin
- 250g minced pork
- 100g minced prawn
- 40g minced water chest nut
- 20g minced carrots
- 30g minced dried mushroom
- 1 salted egg yolk, cut into 10 small pcs
- 1.5 tablespoon light soy sauce (I used Feng He Garden soy sauce)
- 0.5 tablespoon sesame oil
- Dashes of white pepper
- 2 teaspoon corn flour/starch
Steps as follows or Follow the pictorial below.
- Mix the meats & veggies together.
- Add in soy sauce, sesame oil & pepper and keep mixing for 5 mins at one direction. This will make the meat mixture QQ.
- Add in the corn starch/flour and mix well for another 2 mins.
- Take a wanton skin. Add a big portion of meat mixture in the center.
- Wrap it up like an open flower. Line them on the plate and top with a small pcs of salted egg yolk. Repeat the rest until u finish all the meat mixture.
- Heat up a steamer. Steam the meat dumpling for 10-12 mins under high heat. Serve it hot!
Ready to send to steamer for hot bath. :)
- Some Siew mai recipes call for fish paste, you can add in 100g fish paste to this recipe too. However, please adjust the soy sauce as some fish paste is very salty.
- If you are not using Feng He Garden light soy sauce, I will suggest to add in 1-2 teaspoon of sugar for sweetness.
- You can find Feng He Garden Sauce from the following link.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious