Thursday 24 April 2014

"Grilled" Charsiew aka BBQ pork in HappyCall

There are many different recipes for Charsiew shared online or recipe book. I had come out a simpler version of what I have in my kitchen to prepare this BBQ pork. I will like to share with you my version and "grilled" it in Happycall Pan, my best helper in my kitchen! Charsiew is versatile, it goes well with rice or noodle. Tonight, I matched it with my veggies noodles, a well balanced and quick dinner.
I love Charsiew! Do you?







































Charsiew with Happycall


Things needed:
  • 500g of pork marble meat (五花肉)
  • 3 tablespoon of oyster sauce
  • 1 tablespoon of dark soya sauce
  • 3 tablespoons of raw/brown sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of sesame oil (last to add)
  • 1 tablespoon of minced garlic
  • some pepper
Steps 
  1. Wash & tap dry the pork meat, set aside.
  2. Mix all the condiments in a small bowl and mix well.
  3. Put the meat & mixed sauce into a plastics bag/container and marinate well.
  4. Allow it to marinate overnight or at least 2 hrs before you cooking it.
  5. Heat up your Happycall Pan under medium high fire. 
  6. Place the marinated pork meat into HCP with all the sauce and locked the lid for 8mins.
  7. Turn the pork meat manually with a tong and continue to cook for  another 5mins with lid a little open. I use a wooden spoon to leave a gap while cooking.  
  8. Repeat the steps again till the sauce dries up and meat starts to charred. It took me about 25mins to 30mins to achieve this stage.
  9. It is ready to cut into slices and served!
TAGlicious's Note:
* Cooking time varies due to individual cooking stove & the size of meat, checking on the cooking progress regularly.
* When you buy the pork, you can request the butcher to cut the meat into thick stripes. Tell them you are using it for charsiew. 
* You can add in rose wine if you have it in my kitchen for better fragrance to this dish


Look at the Juicy BBQ Pork





TAGlicious Ciao~

Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious
















No comments:

Post a Comment