My impression about scone is we must put a lot of cold butter in order to achieve soft and fluffy scone. One of the reason drawing me back for making scones at home is the amount of butter use too. This recipe that I am going to share proved me wrong. We do not need butter at all yet we can bake nice and addictive scones in just 30 mins. I learnt this scone recipe from my friend, Lyra. She is an expert for making barista coffee and she loves to pair these scones with it. I simply fall in love with it and hope you love it as much as I do.
|Look at the fluffy texture!|
Recipe adapt from Lyra Hor
- 200g bread flour
- 8g baking powder
- 20g brown sugar
- 2g salt
- 165g whipping cream (contain 36~38% fat)
- 30g Maple syrup
- 40g dried cranberries
- Sieve the bread flour & baking powder
- Add in sugar & salt to the flour mixture and mix well.
- Mix whipping cream & maple syrup in a bowl.
- Create a "well" in the flour mixture & pour in the liquid.
- Use your hands and start mixing.
- Do not over mix, stop when u form a dough.
- Spread out the dough, add in the cranberries & mix well.
- Divide the dough into 8 pcs. Roll them into balls and lay them on baking sheet.
- Bake it in preheated oven for 15 mins at 200 C.
- You can replace maple syrup with honey. However, I still prefer maple syrup which gave a nicer aroma to these scones.
|Not forgetting Lyra's Barista coffee served with her yummy Scones too!|
I am missing it definitely! We shall meet again for your coffee...haha!
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious
Cheers & stay well!