Prawn Beehoon Soup
Thing needed for soup base:
- Prawn shells de-skinned from 2kg of medium size prawn
- 1 chicken carcass
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 6 slices of ginger
- 50g of honey rock sugar (Can replace it with rock sugar)
- 1.6l of water
- 1 tablepsoon of olive oil
Things needed to make Prawn Beehoon soup:
- 25pcs of medium size prawn
- 200g of pork ribs
- Vegetable (I used Caixin)
- Bee Hoon
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Stir Fry the garlic & ginger with olive oil.
- Add in the prawn shell and stiry fry it for 5mins.
- Add in the honey rock sugar and continue to stir fry it for 5mins.
- Add in the chicken carcass & water.
- Bring the soup to boil and turn the fire low and slow boil it for 1-1.5hrs
- Drain the Soup and pour back to a pot
- Add in the pork ribs to the soup and cook for 15mins. Add in the prawn to the soup and scoop out when it is cooked for later use.
- In another pot, cook the vegetable & Bee hoon in boiling water till it is cook.
- Place the Beehoon, vegetables, pork ribs & prawn into the bowl and pour in the prawn soup base.
* Any left over soup can be use to cook yummy porridge too.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious