|Let get started!|
(Make 18 pcs)
Recipe by TAGlicious
Ingredients for pastry
- 125g butter
- 55g condensed milk
- 210g plain flour
- 1 egg
Ingredients for egg custard
- 75g caster sugar (I used brown sugar instead as I do not have caster sugar at this moment)
- 225g hot water
- 110g evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
Preparing the egg custard
- Add in the sugar with the hot water and mix it until it is dissolved completely. Let it cool down.
- Whisk the eggs and evaporated milk together. Add in the cooled down sugar water and mix well.
- Sift the egg mixture to get rid of any foam into a measuring cup. Set aside for later use.
- Cream the butter & condensed milk till pale with a electric whisk,
- Add in the beaten egg gradually and whisk well.
- Sift in the flour and use a spatula to form a dough.
- Weigh each dough 22g (for 7cm egg tarts shell) and line the dough in the egg tarts shell. Press the dough lightly starting from the bottom to the side to make it line on the egg tart shell evenly. Repeat the same until u use up the dough, I had uploaded the video, please view it too.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Pour the egg custard into each egg tart shell. Bake it for 10-15mins until the edge of the tart is lightly brown.
- Reduce the temperature to 150C, Pull the oven door a little and bake for another 10-15mins until the custard is set. This is to prevent the egg custard from puffed too high and lapse a lot once it cool down.
- I lessen the sugar in the recipe. If you find it not sweet enough for your liking, you can add more sugar in the egg custard.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious
Cheers & stay well!