Taiwanese Lu Rou Rice [台湾鲁肉饭]
Reference from here and did some modification by Taglicious
- 300g of pork belly, cut into small stripes
- 4pcs of dried mushroom, soaked and cut into small pcs
- 30g of dried shrimps, soaked and cut into small pcs
- 40g of rock sugar
- 2 tablespoons of fried shallot
- 1 star anise
- 1.5 tablespoons of light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 180 ml of hot water
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- Pan fried the tap dry pork belly on a non stick pan without oil till it is golden brown.
- Add in the dried shrimp and stir fry well.
- Add in the dried mushroom and stir fry well.
- Add in the rock sugar and star anise, follow by the dark & light soy sauce and mix well.
- Add in the fried shallot and stir fry well.
- Add in the hot water and mix well. I transfer the whole dish into a smaller pot so that everything will submerge in the sauce.
- Add in the hard boiled eggs and cover the lid to let it simmer for 20 mins under low fire. Stir the dish every 5 mins in order to let it cook well. The dish is done! Serve it with some boiled greens to make a balance meal.