Potatoes, Carrots & Chicken Stew in Dark Sauce
(Serve 2 Adults & 2 Children)
Recipe reference from Cuisine Paradise
- 4 big chicken drumsticks, Cut into 3 chunks
- 1 medium size yellow onion, Wedged
- 1 Russet potato, Cubed
- 1 Carrot, Cubed
- 2 Tomatoes, Wedged
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 180 ml of water
- 1 tablespoon of dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 2 teaspoons of sesame oil
- Pepper, to taste
- Get all the ingredients ready.
- Heat up the cookware, add in 1 tablespoon of oil. Stir fry the carrots & potato for 4 mins. Scoop it out from the cookware and set aside for later use
- Use the same pan, sauteed the onions till soft.
- Add in the chicken in the same pan with skin face down first. Pan fried it till both side is brown.
- Add in the carrots, potatoes & Tomatoes into the pan. Follow by the water and sauce. Mix well.
- Close the pan with a lid and let it simmer for 20mins under medium low fire.
- Lastly, add in the sesame oil & pepper and give a final good stir to dish and it is ready to serve.