Tuesday 29 July 2014

Korean Kimchi

I believed many of you here fall in love with Korean food like me due to the Korea fever in recent years. We are lucky, we get to eat the Korean Cuisine and buy Korean ingredients easily in Singapore. Back to topics, Kimchi is a traditional fermented Korean side dish made of veggies with a variety of seasoning. It is described as spicy and sour. Do you know Kimchi benefits our health too? Due to the fermentation process, Kimchi is an excellent source of probiotics that help your body to fight off various infections. They are also packed with vitamins and minerals. There is no reason for me not to try making my own Kimchi at home. I hope you can try to do it at home too. 

Homemade Korean Kimchi 
Recipe by Taglicious

Ingredients
  • 1.5kg of Napa Cabbage
  • 1 cup of salt
  • 1/4 cup of corn starch + 3/4 of water (To prepare the flour porridge)
  • 2 Fuji Apples
  • 1 Pear
  • 5 cloves of garlic
  • 1 carrot, shredded
  • Some spring onions, cut to 3 cm stalks
  • 1/3 cup of chilli powder
  • 2 tablespoon of sugar
  • 1 tablespoon of fish sauce
Steps, follow the pictorial. 

Taglicious Notes:
  • I didn't used Korean Chilli powder. Normal Chilli powder cost $1.20 for 200g and it works.
  • For the sugar & fish sauce input, you can adjust as per your liking. 
  • You can let your Kimchi to ferment it for 2-3 days at room temperature for more sour taste. 
This is so crunchy & refreshing!
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious


No comments:

Post a Comment