|Nice looking chocolate chip chiffon cake, Wink..|
|Super moist and soft texture!|
Chocolate Chip Chiffon Cake [巧克力粒威风蛋糕]
Recipe adapt from 自己做職人配方戚風蛋糕[新版].
|Chiffon Tin Size||17CM||20CM|
|Mini Chocolate chips||40g||70g|
|Preheat the oven @ 180C||25mins||30mins|
Steps for making the batter :
- Separate the egg whites and egg yolks and put them into 2 mixing bowls (Please be careful, please ensure the mixing bowl for the egg white is clean and dry else it will affect/ruin the process of preparing good meringue.)
- (Let prepare the batter first.)Add in the vegetable oil to the egg yolks and use a balloon whisk to beat it till it is well combined.
- Add in the milk and beat it till it is well combined.
- Lastly, Add in the sieved Cake flour into the batter and beat it till it form into a smooth batter. Set aside and prepare the meringue.
- (Let prepare the Meringue.) Use a electric whisk and start beating the egg white till it is foamy.
- Add in the white sugar gradually while beating the egg white.
- It took me about 7-10 mins till the egg white form into a stiff peak form.
- (Combined the batter & Meringue) Add in 1/3 of the Meringue into the batter and fold in using a balloon whisk slowly till it is well combined.
- Add in another 1/2 of the remaining Meringue into the batter again and fold in using a balloon whisk and fold in slowly (As we do not want to deflate the batter) till it is well combined.
- Lastly, pour the batter into the Meringue mixing bowl and fold in using a balloon whisk till it is well combined slowly as you do not want to deflate the batter. (Well combined = U do not see any Meringue in the batter)
- Add in the chocolate chip to the batter and fold in slowly using a balloon whisk.
- Pour the batter into a chiffon tin (No need to grease it).
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 25mins (17CM chiffon tin) or 30mins (20CM chiffon tin). You can use a long stick to do a test whether it is fully cooked.
- Once it is out from the oven, please inverted the chiffon tin and let it cool down completely before removing it from the chiffon tin.
|Do you want a slice too?|