Soy Milk Mini Hotdog Buns
(Make 20mini buns)
Bread dough (Direct Method)
- 200g of bread flour
- 130g of low sugar soy milk
- 35g of fine sugar
- 3g of instant yeast
- 1/8 tsp of salt
- 25g of butter, soften
- 20pcs of mini cocktail hotdog, defrost and pat dry
- White sesame seeds for topping
- 1 egg yolk + 1 tablespoon of soy milk, Egg Wash
- Mix all the ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, combined and knead till it form a dough (I used my Zojirushi BM (Dough setting) to do the kneading).
- Add in the butter and continue to knead till it become a elastic and smooth dough. Cover it with Cling wrap and let it rise till double it's size. It normally take 45mins to 1hr for weather like SG.
- Divide the dough into 20g mini dough and roll it into balls and let it rest for 10mins.
- (Look at the pictorial) Take a small dough, use a rolling pin to flatten it. Close 2 ends like a roll. Try to shape it like a cone and flatten it again. Place the mini hotdogs at the bigger end and roll up like a swiss roll. Place the mini buns into a baking tray with baking sheet. Repeat the rest. Let it proof for another 30-45mins.
- Before sending the buns into the pre-heated oven (180C), Apply egg wash and sprinkle some white sesame seeds on top. Bake it for 15-20mins or till it's top become golden brown.
- Cool it on a wire rack before serve.
- Original recipe call for milk, you can replace the soy milk to milk too.
- Every machine heating time & temperature is different, please adjust the baking time accordingly.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious