Friday 29 July 2016

Wholesome Pancake

Thanks to Blue Jacket sent me a box of their premium flour for my baking! Blue Jacket premium flour origin from Taiwan. Their products received many good reviews from many bloggers & bakers. Their flour is well know for their good water absorption & stability to achieve soft & yummy bakes. Blue Jacket flours are close to Japanese flour. We can easily get their flour in Singapore at a more competitive price. Do check out their Facebook page if you are interested.

Today, I am going to use their Whole Wheat flour to make my pancake. Look at their super fine whole wheat flour. Last time, by adding whole wheat flour into my bakes give me the idea that the end product will be hard & heavy BUT after trying it today, it changed my understanding. We can enjoy nice, soft & nutritious pancakes easily at home now. Will I use Blue Jacket whole wheat flour for my future bakes again? It is a YES! I will use it for my bread making especially!
Bare looking pancakes...It smell so nice!
Add in a knob of butter & many maple syrups...
Soft, Fluffy & wholesome pancakes are ready!
Wholesome Pancake
(Make 8 regular size)
Recipe reference from here & slightly modified by TAGlicious

Ingredients
  • 50g Blue Jacket Whole Wheat Flour
  • 100g Blue Jacket All purpose Flour
  • 200ml milk 
  • 30g honey
  • 1 egg
  • 6g baking powder 
A little oil for your skillet/pan

Steps: 
  1. Put everything together in a baking bowl.
  2. Mix well till batter is smooth.
  3. Heat up a skillet with some oil (I am using Le Creuset cast iron skillet)
  4. Make sure your skillet is hot, add in a scoop of pancake mixture. 
  5. Once you see bubbles, flip the pancake. Let it cook for another 1 min & it is done. Continue the steps till you finish all the pancake mixture.

Note:
  • You can use all purpose flour if you can't find/dislike whole wheat flour.

Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious 

Cheers & stay well!
Loves, TAGlicious

No comments:

Post a Comment