I am glad to receive a parcel of Blue Jacket flour for trial. I get to know more about these flours from Baking Taitai & some bakers mentioned that Blue Jacket Flour is close to Japanese high quality flour too. This made me very keen to give it a try. Result of this rolls using Blue Jacket flour is really good with light and soft texture.
|I am going to use these buttery rolls to go with sausage for my kids tea break later.|
|Soft & Fluffy butter rolls|
Recipe by TAGlicious
(Made 14 pcs)
- 330g Bread Flour (I used Blue Jacket Bread Flour)
- 170g water (Room temperature)
- 40g sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon instant yeast
- 2 egg yolks
- 50g butter, soften
- Mix all the ingredients except butter in a mixing bowl, combined and knead till it form a dough (I used my Zojirushi BM (Dough setting) to do the kneading).
- Add in the butter and continue to knead till it become a elastic and smooth dough. Cover it with cling wrap and let it rise till double it's size. It normally take 45 mins for weather like Singapore.
- Divide the dough into 40 g each and roll it into balls and let it rest for 10 mins.
- (Look at the pictorial) Dust the working top with flour, take a small dough, use a rolling pin to flatten it. Close 2 ends like a roll. Try to shape it like a cone and flatten it again. Roll it up like a swiss roll. Place the rolls onto a baking tray with baking sheet (Simple love my new buy, Tovolo silicone baking mat). Repeat the rest. Let it proof for another 30-45 mins.
- Before sending the buns into the pre-heated oven (180C), Bake it for 15 mins or till it's top become golden brown.
- Cool it on a wire rack before serve.
|Measure everything and ready to sent to zoji BM for kneading|
|Stretch...Stretchy bread dough...:)|
|Pictorial to shape the butter rolls|
|All set and ready for 2nd proofing before sending to bake|
|Freshly baked buttery rolls....who can resist it! I am sure u love to have 1 too! Heavenly smell too~|
|Thanks to Blue Jacket for the trial flour sponsored|
If you are keen to know where to get Blue Jacket Flours, click here to find out more.
Disclaimer: Blue Jacket Flour sponsored some products as mentioned for TAGlicious to try out and all opinions are honest & are my own.
|2nd batch buttery rolls within 2 days. I used it to make some sausage sandwich for breakfast! :)|
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious
Cheers & stay well!
Cheers & stay well!