Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle all the way...Count down 7 days to Christmas!
Ding Dong! Yippee, I have received a mystery box from Casa Rinaldi. I love to receive presents like everyone here.. In the mystery box, it contained Casa Rinaldi Bay Leaves, Casa Rinaldi Dried Tomatoes In Vegetable Oil, Casa Rinaldi Extra Virgin Olive Oil 100% Italian In Spray Bottle, Casa Rinaldi gnocchi, Casa Rinaldi Black Balsamic Pearls (Perla Nerla) & a $20 Supermarket vouchers to purchase ingredients needed for the cook off. The challenge given is to use all the items received to whip out a meal. :) I am ready for the game!
I am going to prepare a Christmas lunch for my hubby. I hope this post can give u some ideas for the upcoming Christmas treat preparation too!
Among the ingredients received, I love the Casa Rinaldi Black Balsamic Pearls (Perla Nerla) the most! My first time using & fall in love with it. We love the pearls bursting in every bites when eating. It’s so refreshing & tasty. It’s great for garnish & add flavor to the dish too!
Egg & Cheese salad served with sun dried tomatoes & balsamic vinegar pearls
(Serves for 2 pax)
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce
- Some cream cheese wedges
- 1 hard boil egg
- Balsamic vinegar pearls
- 2 slices sun dried tomatoes
- Some salt & pepper to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Plate the lettuce first. Assemble the eggs, cream cheese, sun dried tomatoes & top with some balsamic vinegar pearls. Lastly, spray some extra virgin olive oil, salt and pepper before serve.
Bay leaves stew chicken served with Gnocchi
(Serves for 2 pax)
- 3 chicken thighs
- 10pcs bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 slices sun dried tomatoes
- 400ml chicken broth
- Some Salt & black pepper
- Some Extra virgin olive oil
Prepare the Gnocchi
- 300g gnocchi
- Boil water in a pot. Add in some salt & oil. Add in the gnocchi when water is boiling. Cook for 5mins. Drained it & set aside for later use.
- Balsamic vinegar balls
- Dried parsley flakes
- Washed and dry the chicken thighs with kitchen towels.
- Marinate it with some salt, black pepper & extra virgin olive oil.
- Heat up the skillet. I spray some extra virgin olive oil on the pan. Pan fried the both side of the chicken thighs for 5 mins each.
- Transfer the chicken thighs on a baking dish or cast iron pot. Add in the chicken broth, sun dried tomatoes, bay leaves, garlics, dried parsley. Give it a quick mix and send the dish to oven to baking for 30 mins at 170C.
- Plate the cooked Gnocchi on a plate, Lay a pcs of nicely baked chicken thigh, add the sauce on top of the chicken & gnocchi & garnish with some dried parsley & balsamic vinegar pearls. It’s ready to serve!
Collaboration with #CasarinaldiSG. May this season brings you joys & gifts of happiness. They are giving away 3 Casa Rinaldi mystery box with $168 worth of products at http://bit.ly/2BkHcq2
Casa Rinaldi products are available at NTUC finest & red mart
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious