- 1 big fish head, appromix 1kg (I used red snapper)
- 2 Litres water
- A few slices ginger
- A stalk Chinese Parsley (Known as Coriander), optional
- 2 tablespoon of oil (To pan fried the fish head)
- Wash and tap dry the fish head chunks with kitchen towel.
- Used some oil to pan fried the fish chunks till golden brown for both sides.
- Transfer to a big pot and fill up with water, slices of gingers & Chinese parsley.
- Bring it to boil and lower down the fire. Continue to let it boil for 2 hours.
- Add salt to taste (Optional)
|This is how it looks like after fridge, jello alike fish stock. :) Heat it before serve too!|
- I used a cast iron pot, it only took me 50 mins to achieve this milky soup.
- The fish head you may discard or consume (It's rather tasteless).
- For storing, Sieve the soup to prevent any small bones in the soup.
Do join me at my Facebook page Taglicious